Black River's responsibilities
- To guarantee the health of the feline, according to the contract.
- To offer a limited return policy of 72 hours for a full refund, minus shipping costs, if any, provided the terms of the contract are met.
- To offer a vaccination schedule and guidelines.
- To provide information for future questions the buyer may have about the feline.
- To offer a kitten/cat for sale that's been cared for and loved.
- To provide for the welfare of the feline.
- To spay/neuter feline sold as a pet, provided he/she has not been altered. Registration papers will not be given until the Buyer provides written documentation from his/her veterinarian.
- To keep the feline clean and healthy.
- To make sure vaccinations are given as needed.
- To keep the feline indoors at all times.
- To give the cat/kitten love and attention.
|Sample Pet Contract:
1. The buyer accepts responsibility of caring for this cat/kitten and providing properly for its welfare.
2. The buyer agrees to provide companionship for this cat/kitten, never leaving it alone for long periods of time.
3. The buyer agrees never to allow this cat/kitten to go outdoors without supervision.
4. The buyer agrees that this cat/kitten will never be sold, leased or given to a pet shop, animal shelter, research laboratory or similar facility.
5. The buyer agrees never to breed this cat/kitten, and to have it altered by eight (8) months of age, if cat/kitten is received unaltered.
6. The seller prefers that the buyer never declaws this cat/kitten and the buyer understands that declawing is mutilation and a cruelty that is likely to alter the cat/kitten's temperament and health.
7. The seller suggests that the buyer check his houseplants to make sure they are non-toxic to cats. Many plants are poisonous to cats.
8. The seller grants the buyer three (3) days from date of possession of cat/kitten in which to change their minds, and upon return of the cat/kitten in good condition, seller shall refund the purchase price in full less any transportation expenses. During this 3-day period, the cat/kitten must have been kept isolated from other cats and must have been given good care.
9. This feline is guaranteed to be in good health to the best of the seller's knowledge at the time of the sale. Purchaser has a health guarantee of one week, during which time said feline may be examined by a licensed veterinarian at purchaser's expense. If a serious health problem is found, the breeder/seller will replace or refund total purchase price upon surrender of same along with the veterinary documentation. If purchaser fails to have said feline examined within the one week period, this guarantee is void and no refunds will be given. During this guarantee time said feline must not be exposed to any other cats or other pets or the health guarantee is null and void. If the buyer chooses to vaccinate kitten/cat with F.I.P. vaccine, this health guarantee is null and void.
10. The breeder/seller assumes no responsibility for this kitten/cat after leaving the premises for medical expenses, or mortality. The breeder/seller will not be responsible for any injury to the kitten/cat after leaving the premises.
11. The buyer agrees if any of the above terms are disregarded, that the seller may reclaim this kitten/cat without a refund of the purchase price. Any offspring of this kitten are to be delivered to the breeder as the breeder's property and the breeder may reclaim the kitten/cat without a refund. The buyer agrees to pay all court costs if this contract is litigated.
We absolutely love hearing about our kittens and cats after they "go out on their own." For us, it's like hearing about a member of the family, so feel free to email us.